Saturday, February 16, 2013

Unconditional Love

It's been quite some time since I've posted to my blog. Valentine's Day has reminded me of my spiritual word for 2013, "LOVE". I was reading somewhere that you choose a word for the year to be your focus word. I just purchased a beautiful key and heart necklace at the Christian bookstore with the word "Love" engraved on it along with a Dollar Store scripture study book on the word "LOVE". This year has been very difficult emotionally as a result of my brother's death. He took his own life in September of 2011, leaving behind two beautiful daughters. I will never be able to fully grasp the depth of his pain that led to this tragedy. I look at the faces of my two beautiful children and cannot fathom being separated from them in such a way. My love for them runs so deep and so wide that words cannot describe it. My love for God is the same. I love the Christian song, "I can only imagine". It describes the moment of meeting Jesus in heaven and we can only imagine what that day will be like. I pray that my brother's soul is finally at peace and resting in the loving arms of our Savior. I only hope that he knows how much he was loved and how much he is missed in our lives. Be sure to tell those that you love each and every day how much they mean to you, for you never know if today may be their last.

No comments:

Post a Comment